Terms of Service
Museum of Oxford’s Terms for User Contributions
This document contains the terms applicable to users who contribute content and metadata to the Museum of Oxford – City Stories website. The user must be aware that the Museum of Oxford strives to make all content and metadata available for reuse for educational and other non-commercial purposes worldwide with a minimum of restrictions.
These terms establish that all content that is contributed to the Museum of Oxford by its users will be made available on the Museum of Oxford – City Stories site (https://museumofoxford.omeka.net/), hosted by Omeka.net under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License. This means that, when a user posts content on the Museum of Oxford – City Stories website, they irrevocably grant third parties the right to freely use that content for educational and other non-commercial purposes as long as they attribute the work to the author and share alterations of that content under the same conditions.
If you do not agree with these policies please do not contribute content and/or metadata to Museum of Oxford – City Stories.
Before you can submit digital material to Museum of Oxford – City Stories, you must agree to the Terms for User Contributions – See above paragraph. Among the most important consequences of accepting these terms, are the following:
You guarantee that:
- the digital material that you submit is not copyright protected; or
- you own the rights to this digital material; or
- the owner of these rights has authorized you to submit the digital material under the following conditions.
- For the content you contribute (such as a video, a photo, a diary, a picture or audio material), you are allowing everybody to use this content for educational and other non-commercial purposes. However, they must attribute the content to the rights owner. And if they make alterations to the content, they have to allow others to use the altered content under the same conditions.
- For the descriptive data you submit (such as descriptions or tags) so your content can be found by search engines, you are allowing everybody to use these descriptive data for educational and other non-commercial purposes, without further conditions.
If you do not want to accept these terms, then please do not contribute content or descriptive data to the Museum of Oxford – City Stories site.
Museum of Oxford – City Stories Takedown Policy
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material on our website for which you have not given permission, we will of course remove it. Please contact us by email stating the following:
- Your contact details
- The full details of the material
- The exact url where you found the material
- Proof that you are the rights holder or an authorised representative of the rights holder
- Email us at: museumofoxford [@] gov [.] uk
Omeka.net is operated by the Corporation for Digital Scholarship (‘CDS’) from its offices within the United States on a not-for-profit basis.
By agreeing to these terms, you agree to allow anyone to view and share such content and to treat it as non-confidential.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not contribute content to the Museum of Oxford – City Stories site